IVECO Offroad

milo12

Adventurer
That is one of the most poorly produced websites I have ever seen. A page with stills from all angles in and out and detailed specs would be nice. If I want to see rugby players I'll turn on the tv. The funniest part was clicking on the gallery pictures where you can see 17 pictures of beefcake and nothing useful of the vehicle. Never let the art department control marketing.

By the way, very cool vehicle. I want one even though I don't know anything about it other than the truck likes rugby players.

AZCPP

Adventurer
If you click on Performance in the lower right corner there is the most info on it of the whole site.

Also, I sent an e-mail to IVECO and asked if we would ever see the Daily 4X4 in the U.S. No reply as of yet.

AZCPP

Adventurer
A total of 24 forward gears (12 for on-road, 12 for off-road) and 4 reverse gears. Mechanical locking diffs. front, rear, and center. SWEET!

Chucaro

Adventurer
I do not know how good is going to be the new Iveco. I know that there are a lot of last model ex motor home rentals for sale because reliability.
Here in Australia the popular small 4wd trucks are the Isuzu NPS300 series and the Mitsubishi Canter. Both of them are used by the bush fire brigades with fantastic result.
I will not recommending the Iveco to any person that would like to do extensive and remote expeditions.

OS-Aussie

Adventurer
All Black flanker Jerry Collins ......... is the white haired one.

mmm the site is a little strange, but then again if this is only local to NZ then it is a different story and explains the big deal about Rugby Union players.

AZCPP

Adventurer
Here is the reply I recieved from IVECO.

"Dear Mr. Pfleeger,

We thank you for taking an interest in our company and our products.

With reference to your request we regret that we have no commercial vehicles operations at present in USA market.

Best regards,

Iveco CustomerCenter
ContactUs Service"

theMec

Adventurer
That's too bad. Thanks for checking, Chuck
On the other hand, maybe it's good because I'd of had to sell my truck and get an Iveco. :)

haven

Expedition Leader
Here's an update about Iveco offroad trucks.

Iveco has several 4x4 truck lines. The Daily 4x4 is a light van, similar to the Mercedes Sprinter. The Massif is an offroad SUV, descended from Land Rover via Santana in Spain. The Eurocargo 4x4s are medium duty trucks. The Trakker 4x4 models are heavy duty models designed for mining and construction sites.

The Eurocargo would make a great platform for a large home on wheels, similar to MAN and Mercedes medium 4x4s. Here's a video of an Iveco Eurocargo 4x4 with tipper body, tearing up a field in Poland http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FDXjWiIxTc

Iveco is a subsidiary of Fiat. With Fiat now partnering with Chrysler, maybe we'll see Iveco trucks in USA at some point.

Chip Haven

dhackney

Expedition Leader
For those interested in Ivecos, perhaps on a fly-n-buy scenario:

Here's an overlander interview with an Iveco world overlander: http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12058

The knowledgeable European overlanders I interviewed generally had good things to say about the Iveco high-end, high-capacity (current model Trakker) 4x4 trucks.

You would need to check the frame thickness of the medium duty (current model Eurocargo) 4x4 you were considering. I heard some stories of Iveco medium duty frame failures, but I did not note the specific year and detailed model info.

The lightweight van (current model Daily) 4x4, is what Fredy used. He was very open about its strengths and weaknesses in the interview. I think he would recommend you do the same as he ended up doing and carry a spare leaf spring assembly for the front transverse leaf spring suspension.

In all fairness to the little Iveco, Fredy is well known in the overlanding community for being a 'spirited' driver... :)

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
Here's an update about Iveco offroad trucks.
Iveco is a subsidiary of Fiat. With Fiat now partnering with Chrysler, maybe we'll see Iveco trucks in USA at some point.
Iveco (2x4 only) was here in the US during the '80s and '90s partnered with Ford. (I have 3)

You would need to check the frame thickness of the medium duty (current model Eurocargo) 4x4 you were considering. I heard some stories of Iveco medium duty frame failures, but I did not note the specific year and detailed model info.
My '87, '89, and '92 all have 200mm x 70mm C-channel frames with a full length double thickness of 10mm total (2 - 5mm channels welded together). (8"x2.75"x.4"). These are the 14 series (7 ton). Current/future model specs may vary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles