Pull Pal Mount

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Been a forum lurker for a while, time to stop looking and start posting.....

I have a 99TJ with a few bells and whistles to include a Pull Pal. Anyone with one knows that it great to have when you need it but a pain to carry around in a short wheelbase vehicle when you have to preserve the rear seat.
While I was at a custom welding shop getting my front bumper fabbed, I threw the shop owner a special project that I had in mind for a while...a Pull Pal mount to get it out of the rig and on the Roof Rack. He took a few measurements, asked a question or two and produced this for me. I have to say that I am very impressed with the design and the quality it outstanding. It sits in there secured and does not move a bit.

Enjoy!
IMG_1231.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

IMG_1241.jpg

Last edited:

Willman

Love it!

Clean mount!

Love the sticker in the back window too!

oh.....Welcome to the ExPo too!

:)

tdesanto

Expedition Leader
That's about as slick as I've seen. Very nice. I'm jealous. I've been struggling with what to do with my pull-pal ever since I got one. I normally just have to strap it to the roof rack, but I'd love a secure and handy place just like that to store mine.

What did he come up with for holding the spade/shovel piece?

Do you think he might just make another set of brackets?

TD

Angel?

Adventurer
Sweet. Would you be willing to post up the dimensions of the two brackets / mounting holes and post and their distance apart center-to-center?

Cheers,
Cal

Fifthpro

Adventurer
FlyingWen said:
Question: Is that a Hella Matador I see?
Those are great, but sometimes hard to get

No not the Hella Matador, but a Land Rover Worklamp (RTC8921AA).
I have to say I searched high and low for the form-factor that I desired.
Swivel Base & Integrated Mounting Plate being the biggest requirements. I ended up with both plus a mesh cover, wiring harness and it has a large on/off switch on the back of the light that can easly be operated with gloved hands in the winter. I wired it into my SPod & Source which made wiring easy.
All in all I am very happy with it thus far. Obviously it serves two functions: rear work-lamp & aux lighting when I am backing up if desired.

Fifthpro

Adventurer
tdesanto said:
That's about as slick as I've seen. Very nice. I'm jealous. I've been struggling with what to do with my pull-pal ever since I got one. I normally just have to strap it to the roof rack, but I'd love a secure and handy place just like that to store mine.

What did he come up with for holding the spade/shovel piece?

Do you think he might just make another set of brackets?

TD

The spade end I have an out of the way spot in the rear of the vehicle and was not my main concern but have two spots on the outside in mind.

As far as him making another set of brackets; yes, I am sure he would and can make them anyway you want. He truly came up with this design in real short order. Contact him at GroundpounderFab@verizon.net
He will answer you e-mail the same if not next day. Super guy to work with.

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Angel? said:
Sweet. Would you be willing to post up the dimensions of the two brackets / mounting holes and post and their distance apart center-to-center?

Cheers,
Cal
Sure, I have got to do some recovery work today and will have the Pull Pal off anyway. I will grab the dems then.

Cheers!

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Very Nice. I have always wondered where I would put one of those. That looks clean enough that I might just add one to my recovery kit. How about some more photographs of the Jeep from the side. I would like to see how far it sticks out the back. I am wondering about how it would work with a hard top installed. Again it looks Great!!

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Gear said:
Very Nice. I have always wondered where I would put one of those. That looks clean enough that I might just add one to my recovery kit. How about some more photographs of the Jeep from the side. I would like to see how far it sticks out the back. I am wondering about how it would work with a hard top installed. Again it looks Great!!

No worries, I will snap some today during my outing. As far as sticking out....it does not due to the it being about the same dimensions as my Kargo Master Roof Rack. There was some dead space on the back area and that is where I decided to stick it. I think that some simple mods would allow it to be mounted to the inside of a Jeep from roll bar to roll bar along the passenger side. (I have said that a few times...I do need to measure to make sure I am not talking out my hind end..MTF)
The advantage of getting it lower would be obvious as I have quite a bit of weight up there already without a full load out. (The ONLY disadvantage of haveing two kids who love to camp and wheel is needing my back set...)

I will grab the snaps you are looking for today and post tonight when I get back.

Cheers!

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Gear said:

Gear, I completely messed up and did not get the required pic! I looked back at my original pics and found one taken at an oblique that may answer your question. If not I WILL take one tomorrow.
IMG_1240.jpg

I was a little busy this afternoon doing a little training..

Last edited:

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
No, that is fine. I can see you have a large space that the pul pal fits into. Thanks

Fifthpro

Adventurer
Gear said:
No, that is fine. I can see you have a large space that the pul pal fits into. Thanks

Yes, the fabbed bracket is actually held in place by the Kargo Master top bar mounting screws. Of course that dead space to the rear can be adjusted buy moving the Kargo Master Safari Basket forward some.

Once I start my 4d Rubi JK buildup (long range expo platform) I will opt to have another bracket fabbed and move the Pull Pal to the inside and down lower (yet still accessible) to lower my center of gravity. Currently I have to maintain my backseat to allow both of my kids to travel with me and anyone with a TJ knows that space is a premium. I already have a Tuffy Box and QAII air compressor mounted in the small cargo space in the rear. I use half of the rear seat for storage and the rest gets roof racket. The JK will answer a lot of the space problems but I will still keep the old beast for short duration adventures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94