:)

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Sure Power location

flyingwil said:
Dual Odyssey 1200's Batteries in the stock location with a Sure Power 1315-200:

IMG_2113.JPG

Wow very nice!
I like your mounting location show above for the Sure Power unit. Unfortunately for the guys with the manual tranny this location is not available. :(

Cheers :beer:,
P

Blacknmuddy

Observer
nice build, more motivation to get my rig up and running though wil. I didint see what wheels you went with however, last I saw is your Tires were done, but mentioning of the wheel choice? maybe i missed it.:REOutShootinghunter

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
Blacknmuddy said:
nice build, more motivation to get my rig up and running though wil. I didint see what wheels you went with however, last I saw is your Tires were done, but mentioning of the wheel choice? maybe i missed it.:REOutShootinghunter

You didn't miss is it. I have Chrome-a-phobia such as others here. I was leaning towards the AR Chambers, but after seeing how the teflon holds up, I am still debating other options. I am leaning towards Pro-Comp's 8069's (like from wheelers) or the 7089's.

The thing is that I have not seen another Taco with the 7089's I am afraid to be the guinea pig.

Here is what I have it narrowed down to:
PXA7089.jpg

-OR-

PXA8069_RT.jpg

Blacknmuddy

Observer
Chromaphobe myself, Im trying to rid my tundra of some of the stock chrome stuff. I was thinking about getting the chambers actually, love the look, wasn't aware of problems with the teflon? The wheeler/8069's were my first choice, much cheaper choice as well, but I leaned away from the polished look. Could probably get them powder coated for the same price.

7wt

Expedition Leader
I don't have any opinion on the chrome, I just don't get the all black thing. I think it is a generation style point that will look out of place in ten years. Just like all the white steel wheels a while back. I have always liked the stock Toyota alloy wheels. Willman's rig before the black wheels went on was one of the coolest things I have ever sceen.

Anyway, what is the problem with the teflon stuff? Does it flake off?

flyingwil

7wt said:
Anyway, what is the problem with the teflon stuff? Does it flake off?

Scratches easy... think of your pots and pans at home... there is a reason they say not to use metal utensils with them.

flyingwil

Blacknmuddy said:
...The wheeler/8069's were my first choice, much cheaper choice as well, but I leaned away from the polished look. Could probably get them powder coated for the same price.

Both are within $5/ per wheel on the pricing side. So it is really a difference of $25 between the two for a set of 5.

flyingwil

Expedition Swing Out Bumper Spy Pics...

:wings: Oh yeah.... this puppy goes on tomorrow....:wings:

Note: This is still in the fabrication phase from last week, not ppictured is the tire carrier.

DSCF2772.JPG

DSCF2773.JPG

DSCF2800.JPG

DSCF2801.JPG

DSCF2802.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior