- Metal lid w/ gas stocks
- Eezi-Awn 1800 series
- Hitch

Future mods:
- LED trailer lights
- Propane tank with mount
- Lots more to come....

From the start:

She should be ready for next weekends Moab trip!!!

Well here she is!!!!! Shes even matches my tow rig!!!

DSC02813.jpg

Pretty good cond. for being for 1946...

DSC02814.jpg

Shes got a ball hitch that got to go! I got a Lock n' roll to replace it!

DSC02815.jpg

Lot to do!!!! Here's a picture of the new hitch setup!!

DSC02812.jpg

In Fab mode!!! (more pics to come)

DSC02816.jpg

:wings:

Last edited:

atavuss

Adventurer
sweet trailer! I also have a 46 T3-C. is the serial number plate still on yours? it would be on the driver's side on the front panel.
I sandblasted and powdercoated the original wheels on mine and installed 7.00x16 NDC military tube type tires so that the tires and wheels would not stick out from the fenders.
these 1/4 ton trailers are getting hard to find in decent shape.

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Willman said:
Well here she is!!!!! Shes even matches my tow rig!!!

DSC02813.jpg

Can't wait to see this person! :jumping:

And that Ranger in the background is gawd awful.....:(

Willman

kcowyo said:
And that Ranger in the background is gawd awful.....:(

Your telling me!!!!

My father-in-law has a good size blacksmiths shop...That truck belongs to one of the workers! Wouldn't that be a great ExPo project build for a rig!!!:hehe:

Willman

atavuss said:
sweet trailer! I also have a 46 T3-C. is the serial number plate still on yours? it would be on the driver's side on the front panel.
I sandblasted and powdercoated the original wheels on mine and installed 7.00x15 NDC military tube type tires so that the tires and wheels would not stick out from the fenders.
these 1/4 ton trailers are getting hard to find in decent shape.

Thanks man!!!

The plate is still on their...but covered in paint..I need to get the paint off one of these days....

durango_60

Explorer
Very nice find. I'm on the fence on bringing my M101 this weekend since my wife bailed and it is just me and my 5yo. If it was complete with my tent mounted it would be a no brainer but as of now it is only prepared for hauling mo stuff...

How much stuff are you bringing with a pickup bed and a trailer???

Willman

durango_60 said:
Very nice find. I'm on the fence on bringing my M101 this weekend since my wife bailed and it is just me and my 5yo. If it was complete with my tent mounted it would be a no brainer but as of now it is only prepared for hauling mo stuff...

How much stuff are you bringing with a pickup bed and a trailer???

With the wife coming....The whole kitchen sink!!!!

With extra water due to the heat, caring extra fuel and all the baby's stuff...the trailer will be making the trip!!!

durango_60...you gotta bring your trailer!!!!! Everybody doing it!!!! Plus..it would be cool to get some pictures of the two in battle!!!

:jumping:

atavuss

Adventurer
Willman,
did you get the new hitch set-up installed? how did you mate the new hitch to the trailer?
I took my Bantam through some mild off road trips with the stock Fulton ball hitch, it did better than I thought it would, but a lock and roll or other type hitch would work better off road.

Willman

atavuss said:
Willman,
did you get the new hitch set-up installed? how did you mate the new hitch to the trailer?
I took my Bantam through some mild off road trips with the stock Fulton ball hitch, it did better than I thought it would, but a lock and roll or other type hitch would work better off road.

The hitch is all installed and looks great!!!! I took a piece of 3x3x3/16" tube and welded a plate to weld to the tonge of the trailer....The 3x3 works great letting the hitch spin 360 degrees freely. I will post some pictures soon before the weekend's Moab trip of the hitch on the trailer........

Trailer lights and repack the bearings left to go!!!

:jumping:

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
Willman said:
Thanks man!!!

The plate is still on their...but covered in paint..I need to get the paint off one of these days....

Hey Wil, you can drill the rivets out holding the plate on and get the serial# from looking at the back...they are stamped on. Email my bud at sales@armyjeepparts.com and he can punch a repo plate with your serial.

Willman

John B said:
Hey Wil, you can drill the rivets out holding the plate on and get the serial# from looking at the back...they are stamped on. Email my bud at sales@armyjeepparts.com and he can punch a repo plate with your serial.

Great idea!!

I'll have to get that a try!!!

Thanks for sharing!!!:)

atavuss

Adventurer
Willman,
are you going to install shocks on your Bantam? mine bounces like crazy when empty, not so bad with a load. FWIW, upper shock mounts from a WWll 1/4 ton trailer or even the later M100 trailer will bolt right up to your Bantam (not sure if the M416 mounts will work). you should already have the lower shock mounts on the axle.
I got these upper mounts from a guy on the G503.com website, they came off a M100 trailer:
P1010023.jpg

Willman

atavuss said:
Willman,
are you going to install shocks on your Bantam? mine bounces like crazy when empty, not so bad with a load. FWIW, upper shock mounts from a WWll 1/4 ton trailer or even the later M100 trailer will bolt right up to your Bantam (not sure if the M416 mounts will work). you should already have the lower shock mounts on the axle.
I got these upper mounts from a guy on the G503.com website, they came off a M100 trailer:
P1010023.jpg

Great find!! My trailer sure loves to bounce around...Shock are in-order one of these days.....I thinking of going with the AT conversion in the long run...Shocks now will calm the ride until the money tree can grow back!!!

Rezarf <><

Explorer
Nic-

I recommend playing with your tire pressure a lot. You have a lot of sidewall to work with to smooth things out a bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste