Driveline Vibration!!

erin

Explorer
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and having some difficulties.
Have a 2004 Tacoma ext. cab that I just had regeared to 4.88's w/ Tru-tracs.
Everything on that end is great except for the vibrations I'm getting @ 45mph+. I have had the frt. and rear balanced now 2 times, with the front back for a 3rd try, which is giving me the most problems. Has anyone run across balancing issues this persistent? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
All you had done was gears a limited slips? You didn't change tires at the same time? I wouldn't think that the installer of your gears couldn't really do anything to cause driveline vibrations by pulling the thirds unless he removed the axle's completely and has installed them wrong.

If you put on tires you could have a bad set. What tire are you runiing and how long have they been on?

erin

Explorer
The tires I'm running are the 255/85 bfg mt's which were on before gear swap and the donahoe lift was on first with stock tires and then the bfg's also for about 8000miles. Just got the truck back and front shaft vibes seem to be fixed. Apparently, one half of the rear shaft was out of true .040" and off 4 ounces. Going to try and shim the pinion up 2 degrees and see if that cures the problem. The shop has a very good reputation and has not really had this much trouble before on a Toyota.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94