1983 Land Rover Defender 110

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
I have a completely refurbished 1983 Defender 110 with 300Tdi engine and R 380 transmission for sale. She arrived just yesterday in a container directly from England. She will be available for sale as soon as I have a clear Colorado title in hand. That should take less than a month.
The engine and the transmission are from a late 1990's Defender with 67,000 miles on the clock. The engine has been rebuilt and the timing belt has been replaced. The entire truck has been driven only 69 kilometers (43 miles) since the refurbishment, which has been done by a proffesional Land Rover shop in the spring of this year.
The inside is completely new and so are most of the panels on the outside (all the doors and more). Also most of the glass has been replaced. The paint is original Land Rover color called "Rimini red metallic". Wheels are also original Land Rover "Freestyle".
This Land Rover is located in Denver, Colorado and the asking price is $68,500.-

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
more photos

Here are some more photos of the landy. All the seats are brand new from Exmoor trim (exmoortrim.com) with seatbelts for every one of the 11 seats. There is a cubby box between the front seats. E-mail me or P.M. me with any questions, Tomas

gjackson

FRGS
Just saw this post. That is a nice looking truck! Looks like it has high back seats in the rear? Very nice. That would make someone an excellent ExPo truck.

cheers

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Love the color! Love the seats - high back rear seats and 5 bar design!
Truck looks like a complete resto.
Did you specifically purchase this truck to flip, or did you order it for your self, and something changed requiring you to sell? (not to be too personal and all.)

Thanks,
Dendy

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
nashvillerover said:
Love the color! Love the seats - high back rear seats and 5 bar design!
Truck looks like a complete resto.
Did you specifically purchase this truck to flip, or did you order it for your self, and something changed requiring you to sell? (not to be too personal and all.)

Thanks,
Dendy

Thank you Dendy for your interest. The truck is a complete restoration, using two Defenders 110 and a many, many new parts. The color is Rimini red metallic, original Land Rover color. This truck has been built with the intention of selling it. We will be bringing more Defenders ordered to customers specifications.

02TahoeMD

Explorer
That is just one beeeeauuuutiful Land Rover. Love the color, have never seen a 110 in that color before. If only I had the $$$$$......:(

Good luck with your sale!

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
Correction

I have to appologize for a mistake I have made in the first post of this thread. My friend and very well known Land Rover expert on this forum Graham Jackson (gjackson) stoped by this morning to look at our beautiful Landy. As we played around, Graham confirmed that the engine is 300 Tdi, but he has also discovered that the transmission is actually L77 and not R380.
Thank you all for the nice comments, Tomas

greenhorn

Adventurer
Sir, that is a beautiful truck. Any one know how much a kidney goes for on the black market? Man, that is a nice truck.

discotdi

Adventurer
Looks like it needs A/C. what's with all the rivets holding in the rear sliding window? pretty truck, but good luck with the $68k price. Seems about $35k too high, but maybe the market out West is better than the rest of the country.

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
If it was originally titled with a Diesel, then AFAIK in Cali all you have to pass is a safety inspection. YMMV LOL BBQ though.

GlobalMonkey

Adventurer
discotdi said:
Looks like it needs A/C. what's with all the rivets holding in the rear sliding window? pretty truck, but good luck with the $68k price. Seems about $35k too high, but maybe the market out West is better than the rest of the country.

I don't know how in the rest of the country, but here out West we have to pay $1.97 for 1 British Pound. This is a short version of what anybody would have to do to duplicate this Land Rover:
*buy 1983 LHD Land Rover 110 in England (or RHD and convert it)
*strip it down, rebuild the chassis and paint the chassis with heavy duty protectant (better than waxoil)
*buy and rebuild a 300 Tdi motor (including new timing belt)
*buy almost all of the body panels brand new (all the doors, tailgate, hood...)
*buy new clutch
*replace all the rubber
*buy all new seats (11 of them, 2 benches for 3 people each and 5 sigle seats)
*buy new headliner, new carpets...
*buy 5 new aluminum wheels with new tires
*take all of these parts, paint what needs to be painted before assembly, build the body, complete the paint job, hook up all the electrics, the engine....
*load the completely restored Land Rover into a container and ship it to Denver, Colorado (check on shipping prices recently!)
*pay all the shipping charges, all kinds of fees and get it titled here in the US as what it really is..1983 Land Rover 110.
If anybody can do that for $35K less than I am asking for the truck, please let me know.

Tomas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles