Scepter Water Cans @ O'Reilly's - $18.99

Aspen d'Grey

So O'reilly's is now carrying Scepter MWC's for $18.99, and blitz water cans for $12.99. These are real scepter cans & are the 5 gallon models. I picked up one of each today to see how they hold up in comparison. (I've been using the floppy plastic ones but they dont work well.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
So O'reilly's is now carrying Scepter MWC's for $18.99, and blitz water cans for $12.99. These are real scepter cans & are the 5 gallon models. I picked up one of each today to see how they hold up in comparison. (I've been using the floppy plastic ones but they dont work well.

The Blitz ones I had tended to leak at the welded seams. These were blue plastic, looked sort of like metal gas cans and said USMC on them as well as WATER. I got rid of all of them.

So where is O'Reillys?? Is it the auto parts store? If so they bought Kragen's in California

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/home.oap

XJINTX

Explorer
crusiertoy, I am interested in knowing if the O'Reilly cans leak when laid over or mounted with front side down.

Thanks in advance!

teotwaki

Excelsior!
crusiertoy, I am interested in knowing if the O'Reilly cans leak when laid over or mounted with front side down.

Thanks in advance!

these are what O'Reillys is selling. Don't buy them as they are not military.
04933.jpg

buy the actual military ones at LCI
600409.jpg

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
How is the quality of O'Reillys water jugs?

The ones from LCI (same price) are strong enough that you can lay them flat and will hold up with a 250# person standing on them.

ThomD

Explorer
Are those even the real deal? They don't look like the plastic MFC's that I'm familiar with. Only 1 handle vs. 3.

3 handles = fuel. 1 handle = water. It's been 20 years since I shelpped these around for Uncle Sam, but they feel like the real deal to me. (They even have molded in "Property of US Government")

kai38

Explorer
3 handles = fuel. 1 handle = water. It's been 20 years since I shelpped these around for Uncle Sam, but they feel like the real deal to me. (They even have molded in "Property of US Government")

I've been using the water cans for 5 yrs and had to go look at them to see if they were 1 or 3 handle. I never noticed they were only one handled & they are Scepter US military water containers.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
This has been covered several times here on the forum but its worth mentioning again. The BuyLCI MWC's are not 100% identical to a Scepter MWC, particularly the lack of vent o-ring and what seems to be a bit different plastic molding. The molding differences are a non-issue, just an indicator that these are not 'rebadges' of the Scepter products, rather similar spec products. Add a 10 cent o-ring and they are up to snuff.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Are those even the real deal? They don't look like the plastic MFC's that I'm familiar with. Only 1 handle vs. 3.

Even the MFCs that are not made by Scepter are the same. They have the large cap with a smaller pour cap and vent cap on it. No gasket. Only one handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94