Lets see the Expo Cruisers!

theexile

Adventurer
Heres my 95 FZJ80 with the some of the following mods so far...

Three link front
OME 5 inch comp springs
Fox shocks with res front and rear
315/75/16 BFG AT's
Hanna rear bumper
home made front bumper
Lowrance gps
Uniden CB
JDM passenger grab bar and rear seat recliners
Maggiolina RTT
24 gallon aux gas tank

In the works are a Rear cargo drawer system,Sliders,gears and ARBs.

Last edited:

robski

Observer
My used to be 94 and still kicking my ******** after I sold it.
pic2001do7.jpg

Shot at 2008-02-08

Then I found a great deal on a 92 for $2500 and all it need was a tune up and front axle seal. It does have a factory leather and a 90amp alt.
pic2005vo7.jpg

Shot with EX-S500 at 2008-02-08
pic2003ac9.jpg

Shot at 2008-02-08

Last edited:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
And here's my other one. Very close to the Grand Canyon on our way to the Expo Trophy 07.

100_1548.jpg

Forgive me for not posting the pics in the same post, I'm not that good with my Mac yet...

metalonmetal

bground.jpg

a 1977 fj40 named 'the desert dog'
stock 2f, 4spd
4" hfs lift w/ 1.5" extended shackles
lengthened driveshafts
35x12.5r15 bfg a/t's on 15x10 steelies
full roof rack
and a sad exhaust running below the frame rails.

parts waiting to be slapped on include a donaldson air filter, man-a-fre ceramic coated headers, stock steelies w/ hubcaps, tall skinny tires, 4.56 gears and a beefy tire carrier. i'll eventually get around to the oil consumption issue :coffee:

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Make: Toyota
Model: Land Cruiser FJ80
Year: 1992

Engine: 4 liter na (3FE)
Trans: Auto
T-Case: Stock full time 4wd with manual locking center differential

Modifications:
Old Man Emu Heavy Load lift 850/863 springs, N73 Nitrocharger front shocks, N74E rear Nitrocharger shocks
33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrain KM's on 15X8 Unique D spoke steelies plus extra set of stock wheels with 33x9.50 BFG Mud Terrains
ARB Winchbar
Warn 8,000
Limb Wires
Hella 500's
3 foot fire stick cb antennae mounted to bull bar
Uniden CB unit
Safari Snorkel
Con-Ferr basket with spare tire, jerry can, and highlift attachments, also Thule load bar mounted in front of basket for hauling bikes.
rhino lined fender flares
raised diff and tranny breathers
rear seats removed, custom single person bed with storage beneath installed (sits right about window height and is 6' long)
Mean Green 140amp alternator
Optima yellowtop
seperate Thule roof rack system with ski box, kayak stacker, and bike trays when Con-Ferr isn't on
center hood blackout
custom screens for slider windows

The goal of this build was to create a vehicle that I could live out of on extended trips comfortably while also being able to bring canoes, kayaks, bikes, etc. I went with a roof basket setup that allows me the flexibility to haul things on the roof. With the current setup I can carry a canoe and two bikes along with my spare tire, high lift, shovel, extra water, and various other things. This is the reason I went with a sleep platform inside the vehicle as to not sacrifice roof loading ability with a roof-top tent.

My other focus was to try to avoid excess weight with the truck in an effort to preserve fuel economy and keep things as simple as possible. I wanted to utilze as much OEM equipment as possible in an effort to keep part sourcing simple and because the stock parts are typically high quality anyway. My storage solutions inside the truck are quite modular. I use soft bags as much as possible to for flexibility in packing depending on what the needs of the outing are. I don't run a fridge but have a small cooler/warmer (since that is more important in this region most of the year )that plugs in when needed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

cruiser guy

Explorer
Here's a couple, the third one is not road worthy yet.

1982 BJ60 with the factory 3B 4 cylinder diesel, AXT turbo, straight 2 1/2" exhaust with NO muffler, H55 5 speed tranny, 4:11 axles, Aussie locker in the rear, OEM Toyota limited slip up front, 2 1/2" BDS lift, A/C, factory PTO winch, 33x12.5x15 MT's (to be changed to equivalent 16" tires when these are done), Icom UHF/VHF/HF radio c/w HF and UHF/VHF antennas and goodies

1976 FJ55 powered by a 3B diesel, Volvo turbo, straight pipe and no muffler, non-USA H41 low range tranny (4.9:1 first gear), three speed transfer case, 2 1/2" Spector lift, 33x9.5x15 MT's on stock wheels, A/C, PTO winch, "Second Skin" sound deadening, completely restored 4 years ago.

Pictures as follows: 1) '55 at La Mesilla border to Guatemala, 2) '55 near San Simon on the California coast, 3) '55 in Huehuetenango, Guatemala, 4) '55 on the Salmo/Creston Highway, B.C., Canada, 5) '60 in Motozintla, Chiapas, MX, 6) '60 at LaMesilla border to Guatemala, 7) '60 in the lava beds near Pacaya, Guatemala

Last edited:

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
1996 Fzj80

2543IMG_0681.JPG

OME suspension
Bridgestone 285/75/r16 Revos
ARB bumper
Hanna sliders
Kaymar bumper with swing away tire carrier
44 Gallon Longranger auxiliary fuel tank (w/parallel fuel systems)
OBA
Hella 4000 (2 driving, i pencil beam)
A few other misc. goodies

cruiser guy

Explorer
24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
I love your 55.

Thanks!! I'll like it even better tomorrow when I get it back from having the A/C charged up. I just have a few little things to get done on it and it should be better than when it rolled off the lot!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz