Following the widespread success of the boxer-engined GS Adventure models, BMW Motorrad has decided to continue the “Adventure” range into its mid-sized enduro, the F800GS. Priced competitively in the marketplace and below the full-sized R1200GS, the F800GS has proven itself popular in a variety of adventure motorcycling circles around the world. The F800GS Adventure is equipped with the same liquid-cooled, 85hp parallel twin engine as the standard F800GS, but features an larger fuel tank with an additional 8 liters of capacity.
The additional fuel brings the total capacity of the F800GS Adventure to 24 liters, and extends the range of the bike by roughly 120km or 75 miles. To compensate for the extra weight of a larger fuel tank, BMW has also reinforced the rear subframe to ensure there are no fatigue issues over time.
Keeping with BMW Motorrad's technical, well-measured approach to designing a motorcycle, they've included a wide variety of advanced features, such as ABS as standard equipment. Automatic Stability Control, an anti-slip function which regulates the amount of power sent to the rear wheel, along with Electronic Suspension Adjustment which adjusts the rebound dampening of the of the rear shock are available as options.
Also new for the F800GS Adventure is the more aggressive styling, which is partially protected by a factory engine crash bar, and a pannier luggage rack designed to double as protection for the under-seat fuel tank.
Highlights of the new BMW F 800 GS Adventure compared to the F 800 GS:
- Based on the same versatile overall concept as the F 800 GS, with powerful twin-cylinder engine and agile suspension, but with enhanced off-road and globetrotting abilities.
- Robust and masculine GS Adventure bodywork styling.
- Balanced proportions, despite large rear tank.
- Larger, 24-litre fuel tank (+ 8 litres).
- Extended range (by approx. 120 km / 75 miles).
- ABS as standard, ASC as a factory-fitted optional extra or as a special accessory.
- Enduro mode as a new optional extra, in combination with ASC.
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA) as a factory-fitted optional extra.
- Reinforced rear subframe.
- Even more comfortable bench seat.
- Large windscreen.
- Wide enduro footrests.
- Adjustable, reinforced foot brake lever.
- Engine protection bar.
- Pannier rack also serves as a tank protection bar.
- Wide range of special accessories and ex-works optional extras.
Optional equipment for the BMW F800GS Adventure includes:
- Automatic Stability Control (ASC).
- Electronic Suspension Adjustment (ESA).
- Power reduction to 35 kW (48 hp).
- Engine map adjustment for regular fuel (RON 91).
- Low seat.
- Centre stand.
- Comfort package: onboard computer, heated grips, centre stand.
- new: Enduro package: ASC, Enduro mode.
- Safety package: ASC and ESA.
- new: Off-road tyres.
- new: LED auxiliary headlight.
- LED turn indicators.
- Anti-theft alarm system.