If its been a while since you last took a look at Thule, you might be a little bit surprised to know that the Swedish company doesn't just make roof bars, ski holders and bike racks anymore. Since their acquisition of Case Logic a few years back, Thule has developed a full line of travel luggage ranging from your standard suitcase to technical daypacks, to their latest Perspektiv camera bags which we've just spent some time checking out at Outdoor Retailer. They're perfect for the photographer who wants a photo-feature packed bag, but that doesn't want the world to know they're carrying a few grand in equipment.
The Persepektiv Backpack is the latest and newest offering from Thule, the design has excellent wet-weather performance including fully-taped seals and a removable rainfly to keep your gear safe and dry. Even though I only spent a few minutes with the backpack, I was impressed with the well thought-out layout and quality construction. Straps were supple and the back was relatively lightweight, which is nice considering the backpack is capable of carrying 6-7 additional lenses, a 15" MacBook Pro, and a bunch of accessories.
$249.95, available March 2013
- Fits up to prosumer DSLR body with extended battery pack
- Stores 6-7 additional lenses (up to 70–200mm f/2.8)
- Separate 15" MacBook Pro compartment
- Fits in carry-on compartments on global regional flights
- Hideaway rain fly with taped seams for the ultimate wet-weather protection
- Adjustable, customizable interior organization options for hardware, cords, accessories, and batteries
- Tripod and water bottle pockets for fast access to the essentials
- Comfortable reinforced straps and haul handle for durability and performance
- Larger stash pocket for personal items like identification and a packable rain jacket
- Two zippered stash pockets for smaller items like snacks
- High-visibility interior lining material so you can always find small accessories (SD cards, microfiber cloths)
For the photographer that's looking to get a super under-the-radar messenger bag that's capable of carrying a 15" MacBook Pro along with their camera body, lens, and a few accesories—while having super quick zipper access, the Persepektiv Messenger Bag is a great option. Quality construction and thoughtful modern design are combined to offer a fashionable yet practical solution for a city-shooter. Quiet water-resistant zippers are a bonus if you're taking images in a quiet area.
- Crushproof padded camera compartment with divider system
- Flip-down organization for SD cards and batteries
- Roll-top stash compartment for with 9-hook closure
- High-visibility lining material so you can always find small accessories (SD cards, microfiber cloths)